List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Ace Date:October 6 2007 7:23am
Subject:SAN and ibdata files
View as plain text
Hi Experts,

      You all know the size problems with ibdata and log files. We plan to
move those files to SAN to have maximum storage possible. We did so with
configuration changes in my.cnf files to save log and ibdata files on SAN
location. But got following error -

InnoDB: Unable to lock /opsolnfs/mysql/ibdata1, error: 13
InnoDB: Check that you do not already have another mysqld process
InnoDB: using the same InnoDB data or log files.

       Any concrete steps to overcome this problem? Your input will add
value in solving our problem.
Thanks,
Rajan

Thread
SAN and ibdata filesAce6 Oct
  • Re: SAN and ibdata filesDan Nelson7 Oct
    • Re: SAN and ibdata filesAce8 Oct
      • Re: SAN and ibdata filesScott Tanner8 Oct
        • Re: SAN and ibdata filesAce8 Oct
          • Re: SAN and ibdata filesScott Tanner8 Oct
      • Re: SAN and ibdata filesDan Nelson8 Oct