List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Baron Schwartz Date:October 4 2007 3:14pm
Subject:Re: How to change "long_query_time" with mySql 3.23
View as plain text
I wouldn't be surprised if this feature is broken in 3.23.  You said you
installed it yourself.  Can you possibly upgrade to 4.1 instead?

thomas Armstrong wrote:
> It looks like mySQL is taking ok the "long_query_time" value by using
> --------
> set-variable=long_query_time=5
> --------
>
> If I display mySQL parameters:
> ------
> long_query_time       current value: 10
> ------
>
> However, there are tons of lines like this one:
> ------
> # User@Host: root[root] @ localhost []
> # Query_time: 0  Lock_time: 0  Rows_sent: 1  Rows_examined: 20
> --------
>
> This is not a slow query, is it?
>

> On 10/4/07, Jørn Dahl-Stamnes <sql03@stripped> wrote:
>> On Thursday 04 October 2007 14:06, thomas Armstrong wrote:
>>> Hi.
>>>
>>> I'm suffering a severe slowness of my server (mySQL 3.23), and want to
>>> detect Slow Queries.
>>>
>>> I installed mySQL on '/usr/local/mysql', and works ok. But if I insert
>>> this line into '/etc/my.cnf':
>>> -----
>>> log-slow-queries = /usr/local/mysql/log/slow-queries.log
>>> long_query_time = 5
>>> -----
>>> it won't restart. If I comment the second line, it works ok.
>> Try to remove the spaces in the two lines. If my memory is correct, I had the
>> same problem some time ago and it went away when removing the spaces.
>>
>> --
>> Jørn Dahl-Stamnes
>> homepage: http://www.dahl-stamnes.net/dahls/

Thread
How to change "long_query_time" with mySql 3.23thomas Armstrong4 Oct
  • Re: How to change "long_query_time" with mySql 3.23thomas Armstrong4 Oct
Re: How to change "long_query_time" with mySql 3.23thomas Armstrong4 Oct
  • Re: How to change "long_query_time" with mySql 3.23Baron Schwartz4 Oct