List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Peter Brawley Date:October 4 2007 2:19pm
Subject:Re: LIMIT within GROUP BY
View as plain text
Miroslav

 >My goal is to sum 7 greatest results for each person.

Have a look at 'Within-group quotas (Top N per group)' at
http://www.artfulsoftware.com/infotree/queries.php.

PB

-----

Miroslav Monkevic wrote:
> Hello,
>
> MySQL 4.1
>
> I have query:
> SELECT SUM(points) as ranking FROM results GROUP BY person_id ORDER BY
> ranking DESC
>
> My goal is to sum 7 greatest results for each person.
>
> In more general, my question is: is there a way to limit number of
> records within  groups in  "group by" query.
>
> Thank you!

Thread
LIMIT within GROUP BYMiroslav Monkevic4 Oct
  • Re: LIMIT within GROUP BYBaron Schwartz4 Oct
    • Re: LIMIT within GROUP BYMiroslav Monkevic5 Oct
      • Re: LIMIT within GROUP BYBaron Schwartz5 Oct
        • Re: LIMIT within GROUP BYMiroslav Monkevic5 Oct
  • Re: LIMIT within GROUP BYPeter Brawley4 Oct