List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Miroslav Monkevic Date:October 4 2007 8:42am
Subject:LIMIT within GROUP BY
View as plain text
Hello,

MySQL 4.1

I have query:
SELECT SUM(points) as ranking FROM results GROUP BY person_id ORDER BY
ranking DESC

My goal is to sum 7 greatest results for each person.

In more general, my question is: is there a way to limit number of
records within  groups in  "group by" query.

Thank you!

--
Best regards,
Miroslav Monkevic

Thread
LIMIT within GROUP BYMiroslav Monkevic4 Oct
  • Re: LIMIT within GROUP BYBaron Schwartz4 Oct
    • Re: LIMIT within GROUP BYMiroslav Monkevic5 Oct
      • Re: LIMIT within GROUP BYBaron Schwartz5 Oct
        • Re: LIMIT within GROUP BYMiroslav Monkevic5 Oct
  • Re: LIMIT within GROUP BYPeter Brawley4 Oct