List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Eric Frazier Date:October 3 2007 1:06pm
Subject:Re: DB Schema Comparison Utility ?
View as plain text
Daevid Vincent wrote:
> This has been asked for many many times on this list, not sure why mySQL AB
> doesn't just release a command line tool like a 'mysql diff' and also a
> 'mysql lint'. The lint one should be totally trivial for them to do, as they
> already have a SQL parser! I can't tell you how many times our daily build
> was broken by a missing semi-colon or some other SQL syntax error. We run
> all commits through "php -l" and ruby's checker, but mysql is the only one
> we have to sweat over.
>
> While I'm glad that pretty GUI tools like Upscene's exist, that doesn't do
> us any good on a linux build system where it does an "svn checkout", runs
> automated BVT tests, compiles code, uploads to a daily build directory, etc.
>
> We need command line tools that run on linux.
>
> :(

This is not quite what you were asking for, but I found this yesterday:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/mysqltoolkit

I think the guy has done a lot of really good work.

Thanks,

Eric
Thread
DB Schema Comparison Utility ?John Comerford28 Sep
  • Re: DB Schema Comparison Utility ?Martijn Tonies28 Sep
  • RE: DB Schema Comparison Utility ?Daevid Vincent1 Oct
    • RE: DB Schema Comparison Utility ?mark addison2 Oct
    • Re: DB Schema Comparison Utility ?Eric Frazier3 Oct
      • Re: DB Schema Comparison Utility ?Baron Schwartz3 Oct