List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Joerg Bruehe Date:September 30 2007 9:58am
Subject:Re: MySQL 5.1.21 won't build on OpenBSD unless...
View as plain text
Hi !

Dan Nelson wrote:
> In the last episode (Sep 27), Jake Conk said:
>> Not sure if this is known or not but I just wanted to let you guys
>> know that MySQL 5.1.21 fails the make. I've never had this problem on
>> other versions of mysql. It looks like GNU make worked all the way
>> through but why won't regular make work anymore?
>
> You didn't give much useful information in your message (not even a
> line number!), but I bet I found the problem.
>
> Lines 149 and 150 of Makefile.am have spaces instead of tabs as
> indentation characters.  Even the documentation for GNU make says that
> "A tab character must come at the beginning of every command line to
> distinguish command lines from other lines in the makefile.", so it
> really should have failed too.  Fix those two lines before running
> ./configure and your build should run okay.

If you refer to the "Makefile" in the root directory of the MySQL
sources: This has been spotted and fixed, 5.1.22 sources do not contain
it any more.

I fully agree to requiring tab characters for indenting actions in
Makefiles. Sorry for it ever appearing in published sources !

Joerg

MySQL AB, www.mysql.com
Thread
MySQL 5.1.21 won't build on OpenBSD unless...Jake Conk28 Sep
  • Re: MySQL 5.1.21 won't build on OpenBSD unless...Joerg Bruehe28 Sep
  • Re: MySQL 5.1.21 won't build on OpenBSD unless...Dan Nelson28 Sep
    • Re: MySQL 5.1.21 won't build on OpenBSD unless...Dan Nelson28 Sep
    • Re: MySQL 5.1.21 won't build on OpenBSD unless...Joerg Bruehe30 Sep