List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Dan Nelson Date:September 28 2007 9:16pm
Subject:Re: MySQL 5.1.21 won't build on OpenBSD unless...
View as plain text
In the last episode (Sep 27), Jake Conk said:
> Not sure if this is known or not but I just wanted to let you guys
> know that MySQL 5.1.21 fails the make. I've never had this problem on
> other versions of mysql. It looks like GNU make worked all the way
> through but why won't regular make work anymore?

You didn't give much useful information in your message (not even a
line number!), but I bet I found the problem.

Lines 149 and 150 of Makefile.am have spaces instead of tabs as
indentation characters.  Even the documentation for GNU make says that
"A tab character must come at the beginning of every command line to
distinguish command lines from other lines in the makefile.", so it
really should have failed too.  Fix those two lines before running
./configure and your build should run okay.

--
	Dan Nelson
	dnelson@stripped