List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Martijn Tonies Date:September 28 2007 8:26am
Subject:Re: DB Schema Comparison Utility ?
View as plain text
Hello John,

> I am new to MySQL.  We have a development environment where we have
> three systems
>
> 1) Developement Database on Machine A
> 2) Test Databasae on Machine B
> 3) Live Database on Machine C
>
> So we make changes to the Developement Database, then move them to test
> then to live.  My question is, is there a way of automatically migrating
> the changes from Dev to Test, Test to Live ?
>
> I have worked with a DB which had an admin function wherein you could
> connect two databases and it would run a comparison between the two
> databases and produce a file of schema differences which you could
> import to make the two DB schema's the same.  Is there something like
> this for MySQL ?

We have developed an IDE for database development that runs on
Windows and it includes a schema compare utility, have a look here:
www.upscene.com/documentation/dbw3/tools_schemacompare.htm

The tool is called Database Workbench, see www.upscene.com

I'm sorry to report that our webhosting service is in the middle of a
hardware update at the moment and the website appears to be down,
but it should be OK later this day.

Martijn Tonies
MS SQL Server
Upscene Productions
http://www.upscene.com
My thoughts:
http://blog.upscene.com/martijn/
http://www.databasedevelopmentforum.com

Thread
DB Schema Comparison Utility ?John Comerford28 Sep
  • Re: DB Schema Comparison Utility ?Martijn Tonies28 Sep
  • RE: DB Schema Comparison Utility ?Daevid Vincent1 Oct
    • RE: DB Schema Comparison Utility ?mark addison2 Oct
    • Re: DB Schema Comparison Utility ?Eric Frazier3 Oct
      • Re: DB Schema Comparison Utility ?Baron Schwartz3 Oct