List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:John Comerford Date:September 28 2007 4:48am
Subject:DB Schema Comparison Utility ?
View as plain text
Hi Folks,

I am new to MySQL.  We have a development environment where we have
three systems

1) Developement Database on Machine A
2) Test Databasae on Machine B
3) Live Database on Machine C

So we make changes to the Developement Database, then move them to test
then to live.  My question is, is there a way of automatically migrating
the changes from Dev to Test, Test to Live ?

I have worked with a DB which had an admin function wherein you could
connect two databases and it would run a comparison between the two
databases and produce a file of schema differences which you could
import to make the two DB schema's the same.  Is there something like
this for MySQL ?

TIA,
  John
Thread
DB Schema Comparison Utility ?John Comerford28 Sep
  • Re: DB Schema Comparison Utility ?Martijn Tonies28 Sep
  • RE: DB Schema Comparison Utility ?Daevid Vincent1 Oct
    • RE: DB Schema Comparison Utility ?mark addison2 Oct
    • Re: DB Schema Comparison Utility ?Eric Frazier3 Oct
      • Re: DB Schema Comparison Utility ?Baron Schwartz3 Oct