List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Baron Schwartz Date:September 26 2007 1:19pm
Subject:Re: Ouch! ibdata files deleted. Why no catastrophe?
View as plain text
I cannot think of any safe alternative.  Trying to recover files that
are in memory strikes me as very unwise with InnoDB.

Ananda Kumar wrote:
> Hi Baron,
> If the database is huge, the restoring from mysqldump would take lot of
> time.
> Is there any other alternative.
>
> egards
> anandkl

>> There's no need to reinstall :-)  It's not MS Windows, it's just InnoDB.
>> As others have said, I'd try to do a global LOCK TABLES (I wouldn't do
>> a FLUSH TABLES because I'm not sure how missing files might be handled
>> -- it could crash) and a full dump.  Then just shut down MySQL and
>> delete *all* the InnoDB files and let it initialize with fresh files on
>> restart, and import.  You should be fine.  But I'd do it ASAP because in
>> the meantime you could have a crash.
>>
>> Baron
>>
>> --

Baron Schwartz
Xaprb LLC
http://www.xaprb.com/
Thread
Ouch! ibdata files deleted. Why no catastrophe?Daniel Kasak26 Sep
  • Re: Ouch! ibdata files deleted. Why no catastrophe?Gary Josack26 Sep
    • Re: Ouch! ibdata files deleted. Why no catastrophe?Daniel Kasak26 Sep
      • Re: Ouch! ibdata files deleted. Why no catastrophe?Gary Josack26 Sep
        • Re: Ouch! ibdata files deleted. Why no catastrophe?Daniel Kasak26 Sep
          • Re: Ouch! ibdata files deleted. Why no catastrophe?Gary Josack26 Sep
        • Re: Ouch! ibdata files deleted. Why no catastrophe?Baron Schwartz26 Sep
          • Re: Ouch! ibdata files deleted. Why no catastrophe?Ananda Kumar26 Sep
            • Re: Ouch! ibdata files deleted. Why no catastrophe?Baron Schwartz26 Sep
  • Re: Ouch! ibdata files deleted. Why no catastrophe?Martijn Tonies26 Sep
    • RE: Ouch! ibdata files deleted. Why no catastrophe?Jerry Schwartz26 Sep
      • RE: Ouch! ibdata files deleted. Why no catastrophe?Daniel Kasak27 Sep
      • Re: Ouch! ibdata files deleted. Why no catastrophe?Joerg Bruehe28 Sep
  • Re: Ouch! ibdata files deleted. Why no catastrophe?Martijn Tonies27 Sep