List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Ananda Kumar Date:September 26 2007 1:03pm
Subject:Re: Ouch! ibdata files deleted. Why no catastrophe?
View as plain text
Hi Baron,
If the database is huge, the restoring from mysqldump would take lot of
time.
Is there any other alternative.

egards
anandkl

On 9/26/07, Baron Schwartz <baron@stripped> wrote:

> >> How do I recover them, and do you think this is wise? At this point, I
> >> still think it might be a better idea to do a complete reinstall /
> >> restore / transaction log run.
>
> There's no need to reinstall :-)  It's not MS Windows, it's just InnoDB.
> As others have said, I'd try to do a global LOCK TABLES (I wouldn't do
> a FLUSH TABLES because I'm not sure how missing files might be handled
> -- it could crash) and a full dump.  Then just shut down MySQL and
> delete *all* the InnoDB files and let it initialize with fresh files on
> restart, and import.  You should be fine.  But I'd do it ASAP because in
> the meantime you could have a crash.
>
> Baron

Ouch! ibdata files deleted. Why no catastrophe?Daniel Kasak26 Sep
  • Re: Ouch! ibdata files deleted. Why no catastrophe?Gary Josack26 Sep
    • Re: Ouch! ibdata files deleted. Why no catastrophe?Daniel Kasak26 Sep
      • Re: Ouch! ibdata files deleted. Why no catastrophe?Gary Josack26 Sep
        • Re: Ouch! ibdata files deleted. Why no catastrophe?Daniel Kasak26 Sep
          • Re: Ouch! ibdata files deleted. Why no catastrophe?Gary Josack26 Sep
        • Re: Ouch! ibdata files deleted. Why no catastrophe?Baron Schwartz26 Sep
          • Re: Ouch! ibdata files deleted. Why no catastrophe?Ananda Kumar26 Sep
            • Re: Ouch! ibdata files deleted. Why no catastrophe?Baron Schwartz26 Sep
  • Re: Ouch! ibdata files deleted. Why no catastrophe?Martijn Tonies26 Sep
    • RE: Ouch! ibdata files deleted. Why no catastrophe?Jerry Schwartz26 Sep
      • RE: Ouch! ibdata files deleted. Why no catastrophe?Daniel Kasak27 Sep
      • Re: Ouch! ibdata files deleted. Why no catastrophe?Joerg Bruehe28 Sep
  • Re: Ouch! ibdata files deleted. Why no catastrophe?Martijn Tonies27 Sep