List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Baron Schwartz Date:September 26 2007 11:38am
Subject:Re: Ouch! ibdata files deleted. Why no catastrophe?
View as plain text
>> How do I recover them, and do you think this is wise? At this point, I
>> still think it might be a better idea to do a complete reinstall /
>> restore / transaction log run.

There's no need to reinstall :-)  It's not MS Windows, it's just InnoDB.
  As others have said, I'd try to do a global LOCK TABLES (I wouldn't do
a FLUSH TABLES because I'm not sure how missing files might be handled
-- it could crash) and a full dump.  Then just shut down MySQL and
delete *all* the InnoDB files and let it initialize with fresh files on
restart, and import.  You should be fine.  But I'd do it ASAP because in
the meantime you could have a crash.

Baron
Thread
Ouch! ibdata files deleted. Why no catastrophe?Daniel Kasak26 Sep
  • Re: Ouch! ibdata files deleted. Why no catastrophe?Gary Josack26 Sep
    • Re: Ouch! ibdata files deleted. Why no catastrophe?Daniel Kasak26 Sep
      • Re: Ouch! ibdata files deleted. Why no catastrophe?Gary Josack26 Sep
        • Re: Ouch! ibdata files deleted. Why no catastrophe?Daniel Kasak26 Sep
          • Re: Ouch! ibdata files deleted. Why no catastrophe?Gary Josack26 Sep
        • Re: Ouch! ibdata files deleted. Why no catastrophe?Baron Schwartz26 Sep
          • Re: Ouch! ibdata files deleted. Why no catastrophe?Ananda Kumar26 Sep
            • Re: Ouch! ibdata files deleted. Why no catastrophe?Baron Schwartz26 Sep
  • Re: Ouch! ibdata files deleted. Why no catastrophe?Martijn Tonies26 Sep
    • RE: Ouch! ibdata files deleted. Why no catastrophe?Jerry Schwartz26 Sep
      • RE: Ouch! ibdata files deleted. Why no catastrophe?Daniel Kasak27 Sep
      • Re: Ouch! ibdata files deleted. Why no catastrophe?Joerg Bruehe28 Sep
  • Re: Ouch! ibdata files deleted. Why no catastrophe?Martijn Tonies27 Sep