List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:CA Lists Date:September 19 2007 4:19pm
Subject:Simple Regex Question
View as plain text
It's been a few years since I did any regex queries, but I swear I used
to be able to do something like:

SELECT fieldname FROM tablename WHERE field RLIKE '(^|\|)2(\||$)';

And that would find '2', with an optional '|' at the beginning, or at
the beginning of the line, and an optional '|' or end of the line. So,
it would match the following:

2|3
1|2|3
1|2

But not

1|20|3

Can someone give me a little guidance on this? I'm pulling my hair out
on what should be a simple thing....

The database is currently in 4.1 but will soon be going to 5.0, so,
ideally the solution will work in both...

Thanks.

Thread
Simple Regex QuestionCA Lists19 Sep