List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:omni Date:September 17 2007 2:34pm
View as plain text
On 9/16/07, Krishna Chandra Prajapati <prajapatikc@stripped> wrote:
> Hi  Baron,
> Still i am able to connect through the following command.
> mysql -h -u test -p test
> although drop user can be used to drop the user but revoke command should
> work properly. I don't understand what is the issue.
From the manual:
REVOKE removes privileges, but does not drop user table entries. You must do
that explicitly using DELETE or DROP USER (see Section, "DROP
Revoking all of a user's permissions takes everything but 'usage', which
still allows them to connect to the database, though they can't do anything
once they connect.
Check out the Dallas Music Wiki

REVOKE ERRORKrishna Chandra Prajapati14 Sep
  • Re: REVOKE ERRORBaron Schwartz14 Sep
    • Re: REVOKE ERRORKrishna Chandra Prajapati17 Sep
      • Re: REVOKE ERRORomni17 Sep