List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Martijn Tonies Date:September 17 2007 9:52am
Subject:Re: using column "comment" to store metadata
View as plain text
> > > Do you have any comments about this approach?
> > > What could possibly go very bad about relying on
> > > this usage of the COMMENT?
> >
> > Yes, in different storage engines, different stuff is returned.
> >
> > For example, in InnoDB, what you get returned from
> > SHOW FULL COLUMNS is not what you stored in the
> > "Comment" part.
>
> I currently use MyISAM, but I just tried a simple
> create(InnoDB)/show full columns from/  and
> it actually does return the JSON strings I put in.

Try it on columns with a foreign key constraint.

Martijn Tonies
MS SQL Server
Upscene Productions
http://www.upscene.com
My thoughts:
http://blog.upscene.com/martijn/
http://www.databasedevelopmentforum.com

Thread
using column "comment" to store metadataEzequiel Panepucci17 Sep
  • Re: using column "comment" to store metadataMartijn Tonies17 Sep
    • Re: using column "comment" to store metadataEzequiel Panepucci17 Sep