List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Ezequiel Panepucci Date:September 17 2007 9:49am
Subject:Re: using column "comment" to store metadata
View as plain text
On 9/17/07, Martijn Tonies <m.tonies@stripped> wrote:
> > Do you have any comments about this approach?
> > What could possibly go very bad about relying on
> > this usage of the COMMENT?
>
> Yes, in different storage engines, different stuff is returned.
>
> For example, in InnoDB, what you get returned from
> SHOW FULL COLUMNS is not what you stored in the
> "Comment" part.

I currently use MyISAM, but I just tried a simple
create(InnoDB)/show full columns from/  and
it actually does return the JSON strings I put in.

> In short, I would say that the use of COMMENT isn't what
> it actually does.

No arguing here.

Thanks for you comment.
   Ezequiel
Thread
using column "comment" to store metadataEzequiel Panepucci17 Sep
  • Re: using column "comment" to store metadataMartijn Tonies17 Sep
    • Re: using column "comment" to store metadataEzequiel Panepucci17 Sep