List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:anniyan Date:September 6 2007 1:00pm
Subject:Problem creating a Trigger
View as plain text
Hi all,

When I am trying to create a trigger I get an error message which I am
unable to comprehend.

create trigger updatepricech
 after insert on tbl_prices for each row
BEGIN
  DECLARE closep INTEGER;

select close into closep from temptable where Ticker = new.Ticker;
update tbl_prices set PriceCh = (Close - closep) where Ticker = new.Ticker
and Trade_date = new.Trade_date;
end;

I get the error :

#1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that
corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ''
at line 4

Here line 4 is the declaration part.

Can you please let me know what could be wrong in this query?