List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Martijn Tonies Date:September 5 2007 4:00pm
Subject:Re: Left join problem
View as plain text
Hi,

> two tables gi_t and gi
>
> gi_t holds 5 records. gi holds ca. 1500.
>
> I need all from gi for each in gi_t ie LEFT JOIN!!!
> but this:
> SELECT gi.id AS id, overskrift,gidata FROM gi_t LEFT JOIN gi ON
> gi_t.id=gi.gitref WHERE bladref=137
> gives the same as
> SELECT gi.id AS id, overskrift,gidata FROM gi_t ,gi WHERE
> gi_t.id=gi.gitref AND bladref=137
>
> I want 5 records (3 ok, and 2 NULL) and I get 3. the 3 that has a
> relation in gi

Where does "bladref" come from? As soon as you use
multiple tables in your query, it's good practice to prefix
each column with the table (or alias) it comes from.

Can you give the table metadata and sample data for
your rows?

Martijn Tonies
Upscene Productions
http://www.upscene.com
My thoughts:
http://blog.upscene.com/martijn/
http://www.databasedevelopmentforum.com
Thread
Left join problemKaj Schermer Didriksen5 Sep
  • RE: Left join problemJerry Schwartz5 Sep
  • Re: Left join problemMartijn Tonies5 Sep