List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Martijn Tonies Date:September 5 2007 3:58pm
Subject:Re: transaction problem
View as plain text
Hi,

> I've a problem with transaction
> I initiate a transaction with "start transaction". Soon i execute
> following query:
> * update t1 set t=12; and by I complete I execute rollback but when I do
> it I obtain the following thing:
> "non-transactional Some changed tables couldn't be rolled back" and
> update I execute myself updating the data
> Why do it?
> I'm use MySQL 4.1.20 and MyISAM tables

Have you been reading any documentation on Transactions in MySQL?

MyISAM tables don't support transactions!

For each table, you can assign a different "storage engine", which
is the implementation that physically stores your data. Depending
on the storage engine you're using for your table, MySQL supports
different features, like transactions.

Read the docs on the different engines.

Martijn Tonies
Upscene Productions
http://www.upscene.com
My thoughts:
http://blog.upscene.com/martijn/
http://www.databasedevelopmentforum.com
Thread
transaction problemjidntt@yahoo.com.ar5 Sep
  • Re: transaction problemMartijn Tonies5 Sep
  • Re: transaction problemBaron Schwartz5 Sep