List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Olaf Stein Date:September 4 2007 7:05pm
Subject:Re: timestamp for update and insert
View as plain text
I would use a trigger (at least for the update)....

The first insert should work with now() and you can leave lastupdateted
empty

Olaf

On 9/4/07 3:01 PM, "Hiep Nguyen" <hiep@stripped> wrote:

> Hi list,
>
> i tried to create a table with inserted & lastupdated timestamp fields:
>
> create table temp (
> id int not null primary ke auto_increment,
> data varchar(100),
> inserted timestamp default now(),
> lastupdated timestamp(8));
>

> how do i get mysql to put in the current timestamp for inserted &
> lastupdated fields when i insert a record and only lastupdated when i
> update the record?
>
> thanks,
> T. Hiep

Thread
timestamp for update and insertHiep Nguyen4 Sep
  • Re: timestamp for update and insertOlaf Stein4 Sep
    • Re: timestamp for update and insertMichael Dykman4 Sep
      • Re: timestamp for update and insertOlaf Stein4 Sep
      • Re: timestamp for update and insertHiep Nguyen4 Sep
        • Re: timestamp for update and insertMichael Dykman4 Sep
          • Re: timestamp for update and insertHiep Nguyen4 Sep
            • Re: timestamp for update and insertOlaf Stein4 Sep
  • RE: timestamp for update and insertDaevid Vincent4 Sep