List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Jay Pipes Date:September 3 2007 7:25pm
Subject:Re: thread_concurrency in linux
View as plain text
Andrew Braithwaite wrote:
> Does anyone know if thread_concurrency works in linux or is it just
> limited to Solaris and Windows?

Hi!  That variable only affects Solaris, as the Solaris threading
library supports thr_setconcurrency().

innodb_thread_concurrency, however, can affect all platforms, AFAIK:

http://www.mysql.org/doc/refman/5.0/en/innodb-parameters.html#option_mysqld_innodb_thread_concurrency

> I know the general rule is number of CPU's*2 but will this actually have
> any effect with Linux's threading model?

Nope, at least AFAIK.

-jay
Thread
Column type suggestionsBenjamin Wiechman24 Aug
  • Re: Column type suggestionsBaron Schwartz24 Aug
RE: Column type suggestionsRhys Campbell24 Aug
  • thread_concurrency in linuxAndrew Braithwaite24 Aug
    • thread_concurrency in linuxAndrew Braithwaite31 Aug
      • Re: thread_concurrency in linuxJay Pipes3 Sep
  • thread_concurrency in linuxAndrew Braithwaite29 Aug
    • Re: thread_concurrency in linuxAlex Arul Lurthu29 Aug
      • RE: thread_concurrency in linuxAndrew Braithwaite29 Aug