List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Dan Nelson Date:September 3 2007 7:13pm
Subject:Re: mysqldump with single rows per dataset
View as plain text
In the last episode (Sep 03), Marten Lehmann said:
> I couldn't find an option within mysql 5.0.x to get a dump of all
> rows of a table with one line per row/record. I always get insert
> statements with all rows at once. Has that option been removed since
> 4.1.x?

Add --skip-extended-insert to your mysqldump commandline.

  o  --extended-insert, -e

     Use multiple-row INSERT syntax that include several VALUES lists.
     This results in a smaller dump file and speeds up inserts when the
     file is reloaded.

  o  --opt

     This option is shorthand; it is the same as specifying
     --add-drop-table --add-locks --create-options --disable-keys
     --extended-insert --lock-tables --quick --set-charset. It should
     give you a fast dump operation and produce a dump file that can be
     reloaded into a MySQL server quickly.

     The --opt option is enabled by default. Use --skip-opt to disable
     it.  See the discussion at the beginning of this section for
     information about selectively enabling or disabling certain of the
     options affected by --opt.

--
	Dan Nelson
	dnelson@stripped