List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Ken Peng Date:August 30 2007 1:22am
Subject:Re: servers full potential / FT searches locking tables
View as plain text
On Wed, 29 Aug 2007 18:02:31 -0400, "Michael Dykman" <mdykman@stripped>
said:
> I mean that the theoretical limit of a 32-bit application is 4G... in
> practice, you won't quite get that (for a pile of practical reasons)..
>   best to keep your configured memory requirements to around 3.5G or
> you will run into weird errors.

Sorry,I mean is the entire mysql application limited to 4G?
Or single configuration argument is limited to 4G?

for example,

config_directive_a 2G
config_directive_b 2G
config_directive_c 2G

Though here I configured 6G totally,but each directive is 2G.
Is this right for a 32bit system?Thanks.
--
  Ken Peng
  kenpeng@stripped

--
http://www.fastmail.fm - I mean, what is it about a decent email service?

Thread
servers full potential / FT searches locking tablesJustin27 Aug
  • Re: servers full potential / FT searches locking tablesJay Pipes27 Aug
    • Re: servers full potential / FT searches locking tablesRolando Edwards27 Aug
      • Re: servers full potential / FT searches locking tablesJay Pipes27 Aug
        • Re: servers full potential / FT searches locking tablesJustin27 Aug
          • Re: servers full potential / FT searches locking tablesnigel wood27 Aug
    • Re: servers full potential / FT searches locking tablesJustin27 Aug
  • Re: servers full potential / FT searches locking tablesMathieu Bruneau28 Aug
    • Re: servers full potential / FT searches locking tablesJustin28 Aug
      • Re: servers full potential / FT searches locking tablesMichael Dykman28 Aug
        • Re: servers full potential / FT searches locking tablesJustin28 Aug
        • Re: servers full potential / FT searches locking tablesKen Peng29 Aug
          • Re: servers full potential / FT searches locking tablesMichael Dykman30 Aug
            • Re: servers full potential / FT searches locking tablesKen Peng30 Aug
              • Re: servers full potential / FT searches locking tablesMichael Dykman30 Aug
        • Re: servers full potential / FT searches locking tablesJustin1 Sep
          • Re: servers full potential / FT searches locking tablesJustin3 Sep
            • Re: servers full potential / FT searches locking tablesBaron Schwartz3 Sep
              • Re: servers full potential / FT searches locking tablesJustin4 Sep
                • Memory Issue would someone confirmJustin4 Sep
                  • Re: Memory Issue would someone confirmJustin4 Sep