List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Dykman Date:August 29 2007 10:02pm
Subject:Re: servers full potential / FT searches locking tables
View as plain text
I mean that the theoretical limit of a 32-bit application is 4G... in
practice, you won't quite get that (for a pile of practical reasons)..
  best to keep your configured memory requirements to around 3.5G or
you will run into weird errors.

 - michael dykman

--
 - michael dykman
 - mdykman@stripped

 - All models are wrong.  Some models are useful.
Thread
servers full potential / FT searches locking tablesJustin27 Aug
  • Re: servers full potential / FT searches locking tablesJay Pipes27 Aug
    • Re: servers full potential / FT searches locking tablesRolando Edwards27 Aug
      • Re: servers full potential / FT searches locking tablesJay Pipes27 Aug
        • Re: servers full potential / FT searches locking tablesJustin27 Aug
          • Re: servers full potential / FT searches locking tablesnigel wood27 Aug
    • Re: servers full potential / FT searches locking tablesJustin27 Aug
  • Re: servers full potential / FT searches locking tablesMathieu Bruneau28 Aug
    • Re: servers full potential / FT searches locking tablesJustin28 Aug
      • Re: servers full potential / FT searches locking tablesMichael Dykman28 Aug
        • Re: servers full potential / FT searches locking tablesJustin28 Aug
        • Re: servers full potential / FT searches locking tablesKen Peng29 Aug
          • Re: servers full potential / FT searches locking tablesMichael Dykman30 Aug
            • Re: servers full potential / FT searches locking tablesKen Peng30 Aug
              • Re: servers full potential / FT searches locking tablesMichael Dykman30 Aug
        • Re: servers full potential / FT searches locking tablesJustin1 Sep
          • Re: servers full potential / FT searches locking tablesJustin3 Sep
            • Re: servers full potential / FT searches locking tablesBaron Schwartz3 Sep
              • Re: servers full potential / FT searches locking tablesJustin4 Sep
                • Memory Issue would someone confirmJustin4 Sep
                  • Re: Memory Issue would someone confirmJustin4 Sep