List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:<unknown Date:April 19 1999 9:48pm
Subject:Re: database corruption
View as plain text
On Mon, 19 Apr 1999, Michael Widenius wrote:

> unknown> out of curiousity, what's wrong with the lockd daemon?  something easy
> unknown> fix?  anyhow, i found the real problem... another question.  d'ya think
> it
> unknown> would be risky to toss a little script in the startup files to
> unknown> automatically repair all databases before starting mysqld?  something
> unknown> like...
>
> Hi!
>
> Sorry, I haven't had time to find out what's wrong with the lockd
> daemon;  I have only been able to verify that if you run the
> fork_xxxx.pl tests on Linux with locking enabled, mysqld will lock up.
>
> It may be something thats easy to fix...
>
> unknown> for B in /usr/local/mysql/var/*ISM; do /usr/local/mysql/bin/isamchk -r
> $B; done
>
> Using 'isamchk -f' is much faster than using -r, as -f does a quick
> check and only repairs the tables if needed.
>
> The new ISAM in MySQL 3.23 automaticly notices if a table wasn't
> closed properly (this will enable us to add automatic isamchk's into
> MySQL).  The new isamchk also has a fast option;  In this case it will
> not examine any tables that hasn't changed since last check.

Sorry, haven't been keeping up -- where's MySQL 3.23?  I didn't see it in
the FTP site anywhere... I've got active databases that I'm not
particularly concerned about that I'd be willing to test it on... All the
data can be easily regenerated from flat files...

---
tani hosokawa
river styx internet

Thread
database corruptionunknown18 Apr
  • database corruptionMichael Widenius19 Apr
    • Re: database corruptionunknown19 Apr
      • Re: database corruptionMichael Widenius19 Apr
        • Re: database corruptionunknown19 Apr
          • Re: database corruptionMichael Widenius19 Apr
            • Re: database corruptionunknown20 Apr