List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Ken Peng Date:August 29 2007 1:24am
Subject:Re: servers full potential / FT searches locking tables
View as plain text
On Tue, 28 Aug 2007 13:31:43 -0400, "Michael Dykman" <mdykman@stripped>
said:
> No, I'm afraid not.  32 bit architectures have a theoretical limit of
> 4G of memory space for the entire application: in actual practice, for
> a variety of reasons too complex to go into here (and are well
> documented elsewhere) your key buffer should be limited to around 2.5G
> max, and this is assuming a pure MyISAM implementation.  There simply
> is no way a 32 bit build can make use of all that RAM, regardless of
> OS.

Hello Michael,

Do you mean the entire mysqld server including its child,modules should
only use 4G memory?
If so,the config below for 32 bit OS is may wrong,is it?Thanks.

key_buffer_size=2G
innodb_buffer_pool_size=2G
--
  Ken Peng
  kenpeng@stripped

servers full potential / FT searches locking tablesJustin27 Aug
  • Re: servers full potential / FT searches locking tablesJay Pipes27 Aug
    • Re: servers full potential / FT searches locking tablesRolando Edwards27 Aug
      • Re: servers full potential / FT searches locking tablesJay Pipes27 Aug
        • Re: servers full potential / FT searches locking tablesJustin27 Aug
          • Re: servers full potential / FT searches locking tablesnigel wood27 Aug
    • Re: servers full potential / FT searches locking tablesJustin27 Aug
  • Re: servers full potential / FT searches locking tablesMathieu Bruneau28 Aug
    • Re: servers full potential / FT searches locking tablesJustin28 Aug
      • Re: servers full potential / FT searches locking tablesMichael Dykman28 Aug
        • Re: servers full potential / FT searches locking tablesJustin28 Aug
        • Re: servers full potential / FT searches locking tablesKen Peng29 Aug
          • Re: servers full potential / FT searches locking tablesMichael Dykman30 Aug
            • Re: servers full potential / FT searches locking tablesKen Peng30 Aug
              • Re: servers full potential / FT searches locking tablesMichael Dykman30 Aug
        • Re: servers full potential / FT searches locking tablesJustin1 Sep
          • Re: servers full potential / FT searches locking tablesJustin3 Sep
            • Re: servers full potential / FT searches locking tablesBaron Schwartz3 Sep
              • Re: servers full potential / FT searches locking tablesJustin4 Sep
                • Memory Issue would someone confirmJustin4 Sep
                  • Re: Memory Issue would someone confirmJustin4 Sep