List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Craig \(OFT\) Weston Date:August 27 2007 8:01pm
Subject:[MYSQL]Time formatting for cycle time.
View as plain text
Hello all,

            I am working on Martin Minka's date diff function as found
at  http://forge.mysql.com/snippets/view.php?id=56. It is a beautiful
thing. However, I am trying to alter it or identify a similar function
that instead of giving me the number of days between two dates it
returns the number of workday hours:minutes between two datetimes, or
some other date differential (such as an exact number of days between
two dates with remainder)

I hate asking open ended questions, but can anyone give me any hints as
to how to make this conversion? I may be able to figure it out... In a
few weeks.

My long term goal is to identify the business hours(minutes, seconds,
whatever) between two dates, taking into account weekends, holidays, and
business hours.

Thanks,

Craig
This e-mail, including any attachments, may be confidential, privileged or otherwise
legally protected. It is intended only for the addressee. If you received this e-mail in
error or from someone who was not authorized to send it to you, do not disseminate, copy
or otherwise use this e-mail or its attachments.  Please notify the sender immediately by
reply e-mail and delete the e-mail from your system.

Thread
[MYSQL]Time formatting for cycle time.Craig \(OFT\) Weston27 Aug
  • Can't start mysql Feliks Shvartsburd28 Aug
  • Re: [MYSQL]Time formatting for cycle time.Peter Brawley28 Aug
    • RE: [MYSQL]Time formatting for cycle time.OFT)28 Aug
      • Re: [MYSQL]Time formatting for cycle time.Baron Schwartz28 Aug
        • RE: [MYSQL]Time formatting for cycle time.Craig \(OFT\) Weston28 Aug
          • Re: [MYSQL]Time formatting for cycle time.Peter Brawley28 Aug
      • RE: [MYSQL]Time formatting for cycle time.Craig \(OFT\) Weston28 Aug
RE: [MYSQL]Time formatting for cycle time.Craig \(OFT\) Weston29 Aug