List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Paul DuBois Date:December 11 1999 3:04pm
Subject:Re: is lock automatic?
View as plain text
At 5:22 AM -0200 1999-12-11, Andre Natal wrote:
>	I´m a newbie, and have some doubts about the work with mysql.
>	What i need to know, is if mysql locks the table automatic or i need to
>use lock functions whenever i´ll access the tables?
>	Any advice would be great!!

Locking is automatic for single statements.  If you need to keep other
clients from interfering with a table or tables over the course of
several statements, you should surround the statements with LOCK TABLES
and UNLOCK TABLES statements.  See chapter 7 of the manual for information
on how to lock and unlock tables.

--
Paul DuBois, paul@stripped
Thread