List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Eric Lommatsch Date:August 21 2007 9:51pm
Subject:Why is the average of an int column returned as a string
View as plain text
Hello,

I am working with a query that calculates the averages of survey answers.

The survey answers are stored in the database as int(11) fields. When I run
the query the results that I am getting are being returned as string data.

The query that I am working with is a data source for a Crystal Reports
reports. The average columns that are being returned by the query are used in
the report in fields that have been formatted for double values.

I am using MySQL 5.0.18 as the database. What would I have to do to get the
averages of Int columns to return as doubles, rather then having to change
all of my columns to be double columns?

Thank you

Eric H. Lommatsch
Programmer
360 Business
2087 South Grant Street
Denver, CO 80210
Tel 303-777-8939
Fax 303-778-0378

ericl@stripped

Thread
Why is the average of an int column returned as a stringEric Lommatsch21 Aug
  • Re: Why is the average of an int column returned as a stringBaron Schwartz22 Aug
    • Re: Why is the average of an int column returned as a stringPaul DuBois22 Aug
  • Re: Why is the average of an int column returned as a stringDan Nelson22 Aug
RE: Why is the average of an int column returned as a stringRhys Campbell22 Aug
RE: Why is the average of an int column returned as a stringEric Lommatsch22 Aug
RE: Why is the average of an int column returned as a stringRhys Campbell23 Aug