List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Mike Zupan Date:August 20 2007 5:54pm
Subject:Re: mysql error
View as plain text
A common issue a lot of people have is this

rm logfile

if the mysql server is still accessing that file it will not continue to
write to that file again till mysql is restarted

if that was the case the proper way to clear a log and keep the server
running is

cp /dev/null logfile

On 8/20/07, Brown, Charles <CBrown@stripped> wrote:

> Hello all.
>
> I noticed that the last entry in mysql error log was two weeks ago. Can
> some one tell me why mysql is not writing to this log

> This message is intended only for the use of the Addressee and
> may contain information that is PRIVILEGED and CONFIDENTIAL.
>
> If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified
> that any dissemination of this communication is strictly prohibited.
>
> If you have received this communication in error, please erase
> all copies of the message and its attachments and notify us
> immediately.
>
> Thank you.

Password storageC K18 Aug
  • Re: Password storageYoge18 Aug
  • Re: Password storageSudheer Satyanarayana18 Aug
    • Re: Password storageC K18 Aug
      • Re: Password storageMogens Melander18 Aug
        • Re: Password storageMike Aubury18 Aug
          • Re: Password storageMogens Melander18 Aug
      • Re: Password storageSudheer Satyanarayana18 Aug
      • Re: Password storageMichael Dykman20 Aug
        • mysql errorCharles Brown20 Aug
          • Re: mysql errorMichael Dykman20 Aug
          • Re: mysql errorMike Zupan20 Aug
  • Re: Password storageDavid T. Ashley19 Aug