List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Martijn Tonies Date:August 16 2007 6:21am
Subject:Re: Recreate Table With Sorted Data
View as plain text
John,

> The solution was CREATE TABLE copyname SELECT * FROM originalname
>
> I was having problem with a PHP command that's not pulling what I want
> from the table Ruling out random order for the rows was narrowing the
> focus  on the PHP problem.

Have you not been reading what everyone said?

Tables ARE NOT ORDERED.

To get data in a certain order, you need to order your result-set, by
doing an ORDER BY on your query.

Martijn Tonies
MS SQL Server
Upscene Productions
http://www.upscene.com
My thoughts:
http://blog.upscene.com/martijn/
http://www.databasedevelopmentforum.com

Thread
Recreate Table With Sorted DataJohn Kebbel15 Aug
  • Re: Recreate Table With Sorted DataWm Mussatto15 Aug
  • Re: Recreate Table With Sorted DataMartijn Tonies15 Aug
    • Re: Recreate Table With Sorted DataDan Nelson15 Aug
    • Re: Recreate Table With Sorted DataMichael Dykman15 Aug
  • Re: Recreate Table With Sorted DataMartijn Tonies15 Aug
Re: Recreate Table With Sorted DataJohn Kebbel15 Aug
  • Re: Recreate Table With Sorted DataMartijn Tonies16 Aug
  • Re: Recreate Table With Sorted DataChris Boget16 Aug
Re: Recreate Table With Sorted DataJohn Kebbel18 Aug