List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Dykman Date:August 15 2007 8:36pm
Subject:Re: Recreate Table With Sorted Data
View as plain text
> >Question 2: If not, what would the Insert/Select statement look like that
> would copy the records over in sorted order?
>

> Tables aren't sorted. Period.
>

> Only result-sets can be sorted.

While that is true, strictly speaking, packing data into the same
physical order as you expect to logically access it is a fairly common
optimization for data which remains fairly static.  Having said that,
for the 1600 records reffered to here, I doubt there would be any
observable difference.

--
 - michael dykman
 - mdykman@stripped

 - All models are wrong.  Some models are useful.
Thread
Recreate Table With Sorted DataJohn Kebbel15 Aug
  • Re: Recreate Table With Sorted DataWm Mussatto15 Aug
  • Re: Recreate Table With Sorted DataMartijn Tonies15 Aug
    • Re: Recreate Table With Sorted DataDan Nelson15 Aug
    • Re: Recreate Table With Sorted DataMichael Dykman15 Aug
  • Re: Recreate Table With Sorted DataMartijn Tonies15 Aug
Re: Recreate Table With Sorted DataJohn Kebbel15 Aug
  • Re: Recreate Table With Sorted DataMartijn Tonies16 Aug
  • Re: Recreate Table With Sorted DataChris Boget16 Aug
Re: Recreate Table With Sorted DataJohn Kebbel18 Aug