List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:John Kebbel Date:August 15 2007 8:09pm
Subject:Recreate Table With Sorted Data
View as plain text
I have a table with 1600 student locks in random order. I would like them permanently
sorted by the locker number they are assigned to. I assumed that ...

~  I would copy the table under a different name
~ Delete all records from this copy
~ Write a statement that would copy the records from the original table into the copied
table in SORTED order
~ Delete the original table
~ Rename the copy  to the same name as the original

Question 1: Is there a better way to get the desired result?
Question 2: If not, what would the Insert/Select statement look like that would copy the
records over in sorted order?
Thread
Recreate Table With Sorted DataJohn Kebbel15 Aug
  • Re: Recreate Table With Sorted DataWm Mussatto15 Aug
  • Re: Recreate Table With Sorted DataMartijn Tonies15 Aug
    • Re: Recreate Table With Sorted DataDan Nelson15 Aug
    • Re: Recreate Table With Sorted DataMichael Dykman15 Aug
  • Re: Recreate Table With Sorted DataMartijn Tonies15 Aug
Re: Recreate Table With Sorted DataJohn Kebbel15 Aug
  • Re: Recreate Table With Sorted DataMartijn Tonies16 Aug
  • Re: Recreate Table With Sorted DataChris Boget16 Aug
Re: Recreate Table With Sorted DataJohn Kebbel18 Aug