List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Mark Leith Date:August 14 2007 11:06am
Subject:Re: MySQL Ends Enterprise Server Source Tarballs
View as plain text
Eric Bergen wrote:
> It's nothing to be concerned about because the source tar balls and
> binaries are being mirrored at http://mirror.provenscaling.com/mysql/
>
> -Eric
>
> On 8/10/07, Daevid Vincent <daevid@stripped> wrote:
>
>> Is this anything to be concerned about?
>> We are Enterprise customers. We distribute mySQL on our appliance that
>> we sell.
>>
>> It doesn't seem like we should worry, now. But I'm a little nervous
>> about the future?
>>
>> http://linux.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=07/08/09/2047231
>> <http://linux.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=07/08/09/2047231&from=rss>
>> &from=rss
>>
>>  <http://www.linux.com/feature/118489>
>> http://www.linux.com/feature/118489

There is nothing to worry about for Daevid anyway, as he is an
Enterprise customer - and hence will still have direct access to the tar
balls from the source anyway, via enterprise.mysql.com..

We will not be removing these source tar balls completely, only from
public access via our FTP. Enterprise customers still have (and will
always have) access to the source tar balls, we have no plans of
changing this at all.

In any case, distributing MySQL on an appliance that is being sold would
require commercial binaries, not GPL binaries, as I understand.

Cheers,

Mark

--
Mark Leith, Senior Support Engineer
MySQL AB, Worcester, England, www.mysql.com

MySQL Ends Enterprise Server Source Tarballs Daevid Vincent10 Aug
  • Re: MySQL Ends Enterprise Server Source TarballsEric Bergen13 Aug
    • Re: MySQL Ends Enterprise Server Source TarballsCraig Huffstetler13 Aug
    • Re: MySQL Ends Enterprise Server Source TarballsMark Leith14 Aug
  • Re: MySQL Ends Enterprise Server Source TarballsJoerg Bruehe14 Aug