List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Baron Schwartz Date:August 4 2007 2:40am
Subject:Re: How can I delete a block of random rows?
View as plain text
Daevid Vincent wrote:
> I have a SQL dump that I load in for testing with lots of "interesting"
> data.
>
> I want to now pair that down to a smaller subset, however I can't just
> delete from a range of ID's, as the data is sequential.
>
> I want to delete say 1000 random rows from the table.

What fraction of the rows do you want to delete? 1%?

DELETE FROM TABLE WHERE RAND() < .01;
Thread
How can I delete a block of random rows?Daevid Vincent4 Aug
  • Re: How can I delete a block of random rows?Baron Schwartz4 Aug
    • RE: How can I delete a block of random rows?Andrew Armstrong4 Aug
      • RE: How can I delete a block of random rows?Daevid Vincent6 Aug