List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Mark Leith Date:July 30 2007 11:33am
Subject:Re: Mysql monitering and performance tool
View as plain text
Baron Schwartz wrote:
> I stand corrected.  I don't know why I didn't think of this!
>
> So you guys had to go the route of parsing InnoDB status too, huh?
> Fun, isn't it!

Indeed, it is a rather interesting thing to do ;) Made even better when
it is limited to 64K and truncated with large transactions!

Google did some smart stuff altering this (moving the 'dynamic' content
such as deadlocks, transactions etc.) to the end of the output, and
increasing the limit to 128K, however I'm not sure whether we will see
that in the server soon. You can see examples here:
http://dammit.lt/2007/06/23/mysql-40-google-edition/

I have seen that the InnoDB developers are looking at moving some of the
output over to INFORMATION_SCHEMA tables as well (they mentioned this on
the internals@ list), so hopefully this should all become a little
easier in the not too distant future!

Cheers,

Mark

--
Mark Leith, Senior Support Engineer
MySQL AB, Worcester, England, www.mysql.com

Mysql monitering and performance toolkrishna chandra prajapati26 Jul
  • Re: Mysql monitering and performance toolYoge26 Jul
  • Re: Mysql monitering and performance toolBaron Schwartz26 Jul
    • Re: Mysql monitering and performance toolMaxim Veksler28 Jul
      • Re: Mysql monitering and performance toolMark Leith28 Jul
        • Re: Mysql monitering and performance toolBaron Schwartz29 Jul
          • Re: Mysql monitering and performance toolMark Leith30 Jul
            • Re: Mysql monitering and performance toolBaron Schwartz30 Jul
              • Re: Mysql monitering and performance toolMark Leith30 Jul
                • Re: Mysql monitering and performance toolBaron Schwartz30 Jul
                  • Re: Mysql monitering and performance toolkrishna chandra prajapati30 Jul