List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:xian liu Date:July 27 2007 1:33am
Subject:回复: Re: regarding BFILE datatype from
Oracle
View as plain text
Hi Martijn,
thank you for your advice!

Martijn Tonies <m.tonies@stripped> 写道: Hi,

> Hi guys,
>  I'm doing a data migration from oracle to MySQL.
>  There is a table including BFILE datatype column on the Oracle, but I
can't find the replacement in MySQL, Would anyone like to give me some
advice or solutions?

A BFILE is nothing more than a filename really, except
that it can be accessed as if it were a blob directly
in the database.

You can do one of two things:
1) store a filename and create some routine that gets
the file from the file system

or

2) store the blob inside your database.

Martijn Tonies