List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Srikalyan Tangirala Date:July 26 2007 3:30pm
Subject:RE: Migration from Oracle to MySQL
View as plain text
Thanks for your input Raj.

Regards,
Sri
-----Original Message-----
From: Rajesh Mehrotra [mailto:rmehrotra@stripped]
Sent: Thursday, July 26, 2007 11:32 AM
To: Tangirala, Srikalyan; cluster
Cc: mysql@stripped

Check out
http://www-css.fnal.gov/dsg/external/freeware/mysql-vs-pgsql.html

Raj Mehrotra
hccs - Experts in Healthcare Learning
raj@stripped

-----Original Message-----
From: Tangirala, Srikalyan [mailto:Srikalyan.Tangirala@stripped]
Sent: Thursday, July 26, 2007 11:11 AM
To: cluster
Cc: mysql@stripped
Subject: Migration from Oracle to MySQL

Hi All:

I am doing a study on the migration of databases from Oracle to MySQL.
In this process, I gathered few points.

Overall, I think arguments can be made in favor of MySQL in terms of
performance, stability, ease of use, and cost. All of these things point
to decreased TCO when using MySQL instead of Oracle.

Some things unique to MySQL that Oracle does not offer include:

- Storage engines, choices like InnoDB, MyISAM & Cluster, give you
specialized transactional, search/read optimized and highly available
engines for storing your data

- Fast connections

- Easy replication

- Overall ease of use

Could you provide some more information about Oracle limitations, MySQL
limitations, Oracle vs. MySQL etc?

Thanks,

Regards,
Sri

Error compiling on Solaris 6Giulio Troccoli26 Jul
  • Re: Error compiling on Solaris 6mysql26 Jul
    • RE: Error compiling on Solaris 6Giulio Troccoli26 Jul
      • Migration from Oracle to MySQLSrikalyan Tangirala26 Jul
        • Re: Migration from Oracle to MySQLGrant Allen27 Jul
          • Re: Migration from Oracle to MySQLMark Kirkwood30 Jul
    • Re: Migration from Oracle to MySQLMartijn Tonies26 Jul
    • Re: Migration from Oracle to MySQLMartijn Tonies30 Jul
      • Re: Migration from Oracle to MySQLMark Kirkwood31 Jul
    • Re: Migration from Oracle to MySQLMartijn Tonies31 Jul
RE: Migration from Oracle to MySQLRajesh Mehrotra26 Jul
  • RE: Migration from Oracle to MySQLSrikalyan Tangirala26 Jul
  • RE: Migration from Oracle to MySQLsliebman26 Jul
  • Re: Migration from Oracle to MySQLLuca Ferrari27 Jul