List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Ravi Prasad Date:July 24 2007 5:47am
Subject:Re: performance of extended insert vs. load data
View as plain text
mysqlimport with parallel threads is worth giving a try. It is similar
to 'load data infile' but with concurrent threads loading the tables.
I think , it was added in mysql-5.1.18.  But it is said to work with
previous versions also according to the author :
http://krow.livejournal.com/519655.html

-Ravi

B. Keith Murphy wrote:
> I think you will find the load data infile will work faster. I am performing testing
> right now in preparation for a migration from 4.1 to 5.0 but I am confident that will be
> the case.
>
> Keith

Thread
performance of extended insert vs. load dataSid Lane23 Jul
  • Re: performance of extended insert vs. load dataPerrin Harkins23 Jul
  • Re: performance of extended insert vs. load datamos23 Jul
    • Re: performance of extended insert vs. load dataPerrin Harkins23 Jul
  • ordering datesRoss Hulford12 Sep
    • Re: ordering datesMichael Dykman12 Sep
    • Re: ordering datesPhilip Hallstrom12 Sep
    • RE: ordering datesJerry Schwartz12 Sep
Re: performance of extended insert vs. load dataB. Keith Murphy23 Jul
  • Re: performance of extended insert vs. load dataMogens Melander24 Jul
  • Re: performance of extended insert vs. load dataRavi Prasad24 Jul