List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Balthasar Indermuehle Date:April 19 1999 8:34pm
Subject:LOAD DATA Question
View as plain text
Hi all,

I'm trying to bulk load data on a regular schedule from a file. The
problem is this: The first column contains an index number which is
generated by the data output mechanism "on the other side" which I
cannot change. Every data file starts again with index 1. My table is
defined as having the first column an auto_number; LOAD DATA IGNORE
drops all new records, LOAD DATA REPLACE replaces what's already
there... what can I do to have the new records just appended, the first
column ignored and inserted as defined in the table, namely as
auto_number?

thanks!

- Balthasar
Thread
LOAD DATA QuestionBalthasar Indermuehle20 Apr
  • Re: LOAD DATA QuestionThimble Smith20 Apr
    • Re: LOAD DATA QuestionThimble Smith20 Apr
  • Re: LOAD DATA QuestionEduardo Arino de la Rubia20 Apr
  • Re: LOAD DATA QuestionPaul DuBois20 Apr