List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Mogens Melander Date:July 24 2007 12:18am
Subject:Re: su-like functionality
View as plain text
On Mon, July 23, 2007 10:19, Carlo Sogono wrote:
> Is there a way for mysql to login as an administrator and "su" to a
> normal user?
>
> What I'd like to achieve is a way to log in to our clients' accounts (we
> are a web-hosting company) without having to use their passwords. Having
> to su keeps ownerships and stuff like that in check.
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Carlo

??? I'm having a hard time imagine what you want to do with that ???

You, being the administrator (root), you should be able to do whatever,
on any DB on your server, without being recognzied as anybody.

Please elaborate.

believed to be clean.

Thread
su-like functionalityCarlo Sogono23 Jul
  • Re: su-like functionalityOlaf Stein23 Jul
  • Re: su-like functionalityMogens Melander24 Jul
    • Re: su-like functionalityCarlo Sogono24 Jul
      • Re: su-like functionalityMogens Melander24 Jul
    • Re: su-like functionalityPete Harlan25 Jul
  • RE: su-like functionalityOlaf Stein25 Jul