List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Perrin Harkins Date:July 23 2007 5:52pm
Subject:Re: performance of extended insert vs. load data
View as plain text
On 7/23/07, Sid Lane <jakes.dad@stripped> wrote:
> is either one significantly faster than the other?

Yes, LOAD DATA INFILE is much faster.

> are there additional (faster) approaches I have not thought of?

Not that I've found.  I think you'd have to write directly to the C
API to beat LOAD DATA INFILE.

- Perrin
Thread
performance of extended insert vs. load dataSid Lane23 Jul
  • Re: performance of extended insert vs. load dataPerrin Harkins23 Jul
  • Re: performance of extended insert vs. load datamos23 Jul
    • Re: performance of extended insert vs. load dataPerrin Harkins23 Jul
  • ordering datesRoss Hulford12 Sep
    • Re: ordering datesMichael Dykman12 Sep
    • Re: ordering datesPhilip Hallstrom12 Sep
    • RE: ordering datesJerry Schwartz12 Sep
Re: performance of extended insert vs. load dataB. Keith Murphy23 Jul
  • Re: performance of extended insert vs. load dataMogens Melander24 Jul
  • Re: performance of extended insert vs. load dataRavi Prasad24 Jul