List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Chris Date:July 20 2007 9:37pm
Subject:Rules for binlog-ignore-db
View as plain text
I'm looking for some clarification with the documentation for the rules
regarding the binary log.

In the Binary Log portion of the docs (
http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/binary-log.html ) , in the part
where it's showing the evaluation steps used to determine what gets
written to the binary log, it states:

2. There are some rules (--binlog-do-db, --binlog-ignore-db, or both).
Is there a default database (has any database been selected by USE?)?
  *  No: Do not write the statement, and exit.
  *  Yes: Go to the next step.

I'm interpreting this to mean that if there is no default database it
will not get written if you have a single binlog-ignore-db statement. I
tested this out, and it seemed to work (contradicting the doumentation)

Is there something I'm missing here, or is the documentation wrong perhaps?

Thanks,
Chris

Thread
Rules for binlog-ignore-dbChris20 Jul