List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Ananda Kumar Date:July 19 2007 9:58am
Subject:Re: error once backing up database
View as plain text
You mean to say, you cannot execute the "GRANT" command.

regards
anandkl

On 7/19/07, Banyan He <banyan@stripped> wrote:

> Thx Ananada. Actually, I don't have the admin permission on this server.
> The grant command is unavailable for me. I have no ideas about this. I
> install the software on two machines, one of them can issue this command
> and works fine with it. Another cannot.
>
> OS: windows 2003
>
> Cheers,
> Ananda Kumar wrote:
> > Looks like this user does hot have permission on message_tracker while
> > connecting on the local host.
> >
> > try this.
> >
> > grant all on message_tracker to 'admin'@'localhost'
> > <mailto:%27admin%27@%27localhost%27> identified by 'password';
> > and then try you mysqldump
> >
> > regards
> > anandkl
> >

> > On 7/19/07, *Banyan He* <banyan@stripped
> > <mailto:banyan@stripped>> wrote:
> >
> >     Hi Guys,
> >
> >     I encounter an issue once I backup the database.
> >
> >     mysqldump -u admin -phost --databases message_tracker > z:
> >     sqlbackup.sql
> >
> >     mysqldump: Got error: 1044: Access denied for user
> 'admin'@'localhost'
> >     to database 'message_tracker' when using LOCK TABLES
> >
> >     I am using windows as the OS.
> >
> >     Any advices will be appreciated.
> >
> >     Regards,
> >
> >     --
> >     ---------------
> >     Banyan He
> >     IronPort Customer Support
> >     MSN: banyan.he@stripped <mailto:banyan.he@stripped>
> >     Skype: banyan.he
> >     Email: banyan@stripped <mailto:banyan@stripped>
> >     http://www.rootong.com
> >

> >     --

> ---------------
> Banyan He
> IronPort Customer Support
> MSN: banyan.he@stripped
> Skype: banyan.he
> Email: banyan@stripped
> http://www.rootong.com

Thread
error once backing up databaseBanyan He19 Jul
  • Re: error once backing up databaseAnanda Kumar19 Jul
    • Re: error once backing up databaseBanyan He19 Jul
      • Re: error once backing up databaseAnanda Kumar19 Jul
        • Re: error once backing up databaseBanyan He19 Jul
          • Re: error once backing up databaseBorokov Smith19 Jul
            • Re: error once backing up databaseBanyan He19 Jul
              • Re: error once backing up databaseAnanda Kumar19 Jul
                • Re: error once backing up databaseBanyan He19 Jul
                • Re: error once backing up databaseBanyan He19 Jul
      • Show command for max_connection_errors. Any ?Charles Brown20 Jul