List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Ratheesh K J Date:July 19 2007 9:48am
Subject:Foreign key constraints - Known issues ?
View as plain text
Hello All,

I just wanted to know whether there are any known issues in defining and using Foreign key
constraints in MySQL 4 and MySQL 5.
To be specific, are there any issues on using ON DELETE CASCADE and ON UPDATE CASCADE?

Would there be any performance issues when we define Foreign key constraints?

We dont define Foreign Key constraints here. But at the conceptual level we know that
there are foreign keys. But we do not create foreign keys at the physical level. Is this
right?

Thanks & Regards,
Ratheesh
Thread
Foreign key constraints - Known issues ?Ratheesh K J19 Jul
  • Re: Foreign key constraints - Known issues ?Martijn Tonies19 Jul