List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:B. Keith Murphy Date:July 17 2007 2:07am
Subject:speeding imports
View as plain text
Hey all. I have a bit of a problem. We are upgrading from ver 4.1.x to 5.0.45. That's not
the problem :). The problem is that MySQL recommends dumping and importing your data when
doing this upgrade to make sure that things go as smoothly as possible. We have quite a
bit of data spread over multiple servers. We have slaves off each master server and the
plan is upgrade the slaves and then make them the masters.

The problem is that I am realizing that this dump/import is going to take hours and in
some cases days. I am looking for any way to speed this up. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Keith

--
B. Keith Murphy
Database Administrator

Thread
speeding importsB. Keith Murphy17 Jul
  • Re: speeding importsBaron Schwartz17 Jul
    • Re: speeding importsMogens Melander17 Jul
      • Re: speeding importsBaron Schwartz17 Jul
        • Re: speeding importsMogens Melander18 Jul
  • Re: speeding importsAndrew Hutchings17 Jul