List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Jochem van Dieten Date:July 8 2007 1:41pm
On 7/8/07, Mogens Melander wrote:
> On Fri, July 6, 2007 17:55, Michael Dykman wrote:
>>
>> I have been on this list for a pretty long time but in the last few
>> months I have started to receive random 'confirm unsubscribe'
>> messages..    They always seem to originate from a Roadrunner IP (I
>> have not thoroughly tested that hypothesis).  I have no accounts on or
>> near roadrunner, so I doubt I am inadvertantly kicking these off,
>> which was my first theory.
>>
>> Is anyone else suffering from this or is it just me?
>
> I've seen quite few lately.

Everybody who doesn't remove unnecessary junk from his messages before
he posts them is 'suffering'. Messages send to you from the list
include your customized unsubscribe link. If you include full messages
when responding to them you are sending out your own custom
unsubscribe link to all subscribers of this list, including all
harvesters, public archives and broken preload-cachers. Since you are
sending out your custom unsubscribe link quite literally by the
thousands, are you really surprised the link is followed occasionally?

>> --

If you don't want people to follow this link, why are you including
it? To stop the 'suffering', stop including junk that doesn't belong
in outgoing email.

Jochem
Thread
off-topic unsubscribe concernMichael Dykman6 Jul
  • RE: off-topic unsubscribe concernJerry Schwartz6 Jul
  • Re: off-topic unsubscribe concernB. Keith Murphy6 Jul
    • Re: off-topic unsubscribe concernAnanda Kumar7 Jul
      • Re: off-topic unsubscribe concernBorokov Smith7 Jul
    • Re: off-topic unsubscribe concernOctavian Rasnita7 Jul
  • Re: off-topic unsubscribe concernMogens Melander8 Jul
    • Re: off-topic unsubscribe concernJochem van Dieten8 Jul
  • Re: off-topic unsubscribe concernMartijn Tonies9 Jul
Re: off-topic unsubscribe concernJ.R. Bullington7 Jul