List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Alex Arul Lurthu Date:July 8 2007 5:17am
Subject:Re: mysqldump on slave.
View as plain text
You havent mentioned which version of mysql your are on. If on an older
version i would recommend the option --opt. Also if you are running a  dump
using single-transaction option on a loaded system with writes, things might
slow down significantly due to different versions of rows which the server
needs to maintain due to the dump.

Thanks
Alex

On 7/6/07, Ananda Kumar <anandkl@stripped> wrote:

> Hi All,
> I am planning to take mysqldump on slave running innodb engine.
>
> I going to use the below command
>
> /usr/bin/mysqldump --user=root  --password=xxxx --flush-logs
> --all-databases
> --master-data=2 --single-transaction  > alldbdump.sql
>
> Before doing the mysqldump, should i stop the slave or the above command
> is
> enough, please let know, also please let me know if any other option i can
> use to speed up mysqldump.
>
> regards
> anandkl

Thread
mysqldump on slave.Ananda Kumar6 Jul
  • Re: mysqldump on slave.Alex Arul Lurthu8 Jul
    • Re: mysqldump on slave.Ananda Kumar9 Jul