List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Dan Nelson Date:July 4 2007 7:08am
Subject:Re: Replication Question
View as plain text
In the last episode (Jul 03), mos said:
>  If I'm replicating a master database to a slave (MyISAM tables), but
>  the slave is busy serving up web pages, how does it get write access
>  to the slave's table if it is always being read?  TIA

Mysql places inserts in front of selects in its internal queue, so as
soon as an insert comes in, subsequent selects will queue up behind it
until the insert has finished.  You can adjust this for individual
queries with the HIGH_PRIORITY and LOW_PRIORITY flags.

http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/insert.html
http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/select.html

--
	Dan Nelson