List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Charles Brown Date:June 26 2007 8:38pm
Subject:General Query Log -- No Timestamp
View as plain text
The MYSQL general query log does not include timestamp of queries that
it logs because queries are logged many many seconds before they are
executed. Can someone help me associated queries found in the query log
with wall clock? I am trying to get a list of queries that were executed
within a given timeslot. I would like to get the description of these
queries so that I can give to my webmaster. Based on the description of
these queries, he will be able to determine which area the application
is causing this on going looping problem that generates 5000 request in
5 mins. Our normal request volume is about 50/min. Can someone help me?
Without the timestamp, I wouldn't be able track or identify the queries
that came in during the problem time frame. With all things considered,
MySQL should be able to append timestamp as it writes these General
query records -- I would think.

Thanks

immediately.

Thank you.